Sunday 24 January 2016

Two Wolves- Book Review

Sup guys, today I'll be doing a review of Two Wolves. So, let's get started!

Author: Tristan Bancks

Genre: Action/Adventure

Cover:
*not mine*
The cover is very intriguing. The cabin in the mist is very mysterious. Wow Rose, way to write! *palms face*. There's really nothing else I can say about it.

Blurb:
One afternoon, police officers show up at Ben Silver’s front door. Minutes after they leave, his parents arrive home. Ben and his little sister Olive are bundled into the car and told they’re going on a holiday. But are they? 

It doesn’t take long for Ben to realise that his parents are in trouble. Ben’s always dreamt of becoming a detective – his dad even calls him ‘Cop’. Now Ben gathers evidence and tries to uncover what his parents have done. 

The problem is, if he figures it out, what does he do? Tell someone? Or keep the secret and live life on the run?

Review Of The Overall Book:
What I found disappointing was that yet again, there was a male hero of this book. I have nothing wrong with this, but for some reason the mother and daughter seemed to be protected a lot and treated like they're not a strong as the boy and man, the mother in particular.  I feel that Ben could have given some of the work to Olive. Ben's father also continuously calls him a 'big girl'. Moving on, it is a great adventure story, filled with mystery. The characters were good, though the ending was a bit sloppy in my view. I felt that Bancks could have tied the ending up a little bit.

Rating:
3/5

Would I Recommend It?
If you like to read mysteries and action/adventure, I would recommend it. Though there is some gender stereotyping, it is a good book.

I hope you enjoyed the review!

Rose :3


1 comment:

  1. I think I'm gonna check this book out, it looks really good!
    Also, I tagged you on my blog to do the Unknown Bloggers Challenge, and I would love to see your answers to my questions :)
    Little Robin x
    littleteensblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sup. A little bird told me you're about to leave a comment on one of my posts. That's fine, I appreciate it! But please do not comment anything rude or offensive. Well, happy commenting.

Rose :3