Monday 23 November 2015

The Infernal Devices Book 1: Clockwork Angel Review

Sup guys, today I'm going to be doing a review of Clockwork Angel, which is book 1 in the Infernal Devices series.

Author: Cassandra Clare

Cover:
When I first look at the cover all I can see is this guy, tipping his hat. Then I see scenes of London behind him, which intrigues me. Also, when I first saw the series name, I thought it said the Internal Devices, which creeped me out. *clears throat*Anyway, moving on.



Blurb:
When sixteen year old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn even deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by - and torn between - two best friends and quickly realises that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

Immediately I have questions about the book, like is it time travel, who are the Shadowhunters? I did think it may have been time travel, but then I see otherwise. Also, Tessa really wasn't torn between two best friends, really. movgive ing on...

Favourite Character:
Probably Jem. He is a Shadowhunter, but he has a secret. He is an orphan, who has moved to England after his parents where killed by a demon in Shanghai, where he is from. Jem is very kind and caring, and completely different from Will, who is his best friend.

Least Favourite Character:
This is a tough one, but probably Nate/Nathaniel. Nate is Tessa's brother, who sent her tickets to come to London. In the end there was a big twist with him, plus he is a weirdo.

Overall Summary Of The Book:
I would give this book a 5/5 stars. There was a killer twist in the end, so if you get to read it, watch out!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this review. Byyyyyyyyye
Rose :3



1 comment:

  1. Rooossee,ya shoulda posted my terrible reading skills and your name

    ReplyDelete

Sup. A little bird told me you're about to leave a comment on one of my posts. That's fine, I appreciate it! But please do not comment anything rude or offensive. Well, happy commenting.

Rose :3